Thank you for your interest in becoming an egg donor!
Egg donation is a very important fertility treatment option and we could not provide our patients with this incredible service without you! Every day, couples make the decision about how to best achieve their dream of becoming parents. As a part of our egg donor program, you will play an integral role in that important decision.
There are a few things you need to consider before taking the next step. If you can answer “yes” to all of the following questions, we would like to invite you to fill out the first part of our application (please see the link at the bottom of this page).
Terms and requirements for egg donation
- I am between the ages of 20-30 and consider myself to be in good health.
- I am not a smoker and I do not use any tobacco products.
- I do not use illegal drugs.
- I consider myself to be a responsible person.
- I have graduated from high school.
- I am currently pursuing or have finished some degree or diploma of higher education (this will not automatically disqualify your application, however it is preferred).
- I can commit to no further piercings or tattoos while I am in the egg donor program.
- I can commit to no more than one sexual partner during a six-month time frame.
- I understand that egg donation requires many appointments and some of these are in the early morning. I can make myself available for these appointments.
- I understand that I will have to administer some of my own hormone injections during the egg donation process.
- I understand that photos from my childhood and adulthood will be shown to couples who are considering use of my donated eggs.
- I understand that every effort will be made to keep my identity and donation anonymous. I also understand, however, that Servy Massey Fertility Institute cannot guarantee that the legality of current laws pertaining to identity protection of egg donors will be upheld in the future.
- I can commit to be available for egg donation for at least one year. If I make travel plans, or will be unavailable for a certain time period (for example, over an extended college break), I will let the coordinator know when I will be available for donation cycles.
- I understand I will be issued a 1099 tax form for all compensation for time and discomfort during the donation cycle.