About Massey Fertility Services & Dr. Joe B. Massey
As a well-known pioneer in IVF, Dr. Massey brings yet another solution for hopeful parents-to-be in the southeast. After years of struggling with the barrier that the cost of fertility treatment created for many of his patients, he developed a unique low-cost IVF program to make treatment more affordable and bring the joy of parenthood to more couples than ever before.
Expert care from a pioneer in fertility medicine at a lower cost.
About Dr. Massey, infertility specialist
Joe B. Massey, M.D., is a fertility specialist in Atlanta, Georgia, and the founder of Massey Fertility Services. He has been a pioneer in the field of infertility since he first studied in vitro fertilization (IVF) in Australia in the early 1980s.
Dr. Massey’s achievements in fertility medicine
- He was involved in the first pregnancy in the world following assisted hatching in 1988.
- He was involved in the world’s first pregnancy following intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI) in 1993.
- Dr. Massey has led a number of clinical trials and co-authored many articles published in medical journals.
Dr. Massey attended Emory University in Atlanta for undergraduate studies and medical school. He then completed a residency in obstetrics and gynecology and a fellowship in infertility at the University of Pennsylvania.
After serving in the U.S. Navy, Dr. Massey entered private practice focusing on fertility treatment. In 1983 he co-founded Atlanta’s first infertility practice, Reproductive Biology Associates, where he practiced as a fertility specialist until 2006.
Developing low-cost fertility treatment
At that time Dr. Massey began working to perfect a low cost approach to IVF to be able to help even more people build the family of their dreams.
Dr. Massey’s efforts to make fertility treatment affordable resulted in an IVF treatment cost for patients that is about half that of what most other clinics nationwide offer. Massey Fertility Services accomplishes high-quality, low-cost treatment plans by:
- Eliminating all hidden costs.
- Prohibiting unnecessary testing that can raise the cost of IVF and other treatments.
- Only recommending assisted reproductive technologies when other less expensive and invasive options fail or are not an option due to medical issues.
- Being dedicated to excellent care in all circumstances, providing highly skilled fertility medicine that is not compromised in the least by lower costs for the patient.
Dr. Massey’s specialties
- IVF and infertility treatment.
- Egg freezing and egg donation.
- Emory College and School of Medicine in Atlanta.
- University of Pennsylvania.
- U.S. Navy.